Check out below to make sure all is legal and safe
1) Are there any legal stuff to consider?
The organiser of any fundraising event or activity must abide by all applicable legislation and apply for any permits/permission that may be required. This is inclusive of all raffles, bingo, vending tickets, other games of chance or any public appeal. These are available through an application process at your local Garda station. Copies of any permits should be sent to the LauraLynn Office.
2) Will I have to get insurance?
Organisers are advised to ensure they have the relevant insurance and indemnity considered necessary in association with any event involving the general community or individual members of the public. Our insurance policy does not cover events conducted by external fundraisers. A copy of your insurance policy should be sent to the LauraLynn Office.
3) Can we use the logo and LauraLynn branding?
Organisers wishing to use our name and logo must gain approval first. A proof/link of the suggested use of the logo, must be submitted to the office for approval prior to printing/publishing. Our logo can be supplied by e-mail to you upon request.
4) How do I let the public know about we are fundraising for LauraLynn?
All publicity in reference to the fundraising event/activity should clearly state that the event/activity is being organised by (name of organiser/company). All promotional material must be worded in such a way as to make it clear that LauraLynn is either the only beneficiary, or is one of a number of charities benefiting from the event. Messaging must be as open & transparent as possible.
5) Do we have to let you know about our fundraising event?
Please submit all revenue from the event/fundraising activity to LauraLynn within 30 days of the event. You can donate online at lauralynn.ie / bank transfer / post in cheques, bank drafts & postal orders / over phone with a card tel: 01 2893151.
The organisers will not represent themselves as having any agency relationship for LauraLynn.
6) What form do we complete?
Please return the form completed to LauraLynn for approval before proceeding with an event on our behalf. Download here.
7) How do I make a donation?
Send a cheque or bank draft to LauraLynn Children’s Hospice, Leopardstown Road, Foxrock, Dublin 18 made payable to LauraLynn Children’s Hospice. Include your address so we can confirm your donation.
Or you can donate online at www.lauralynn.ie or lodge directly to our bank account. (IBAN No: IE86 AIBK 9335 7003 2206 23 and Swift/Bic No: AIBKIE2D). Please send us an email to confirm your name and what event you fundraised for us. We will send you an acknowledgement that the transfer of funds was successful.
8) When will I receive my receipt?
We ask that you allow 7-10 working days after your donation to receive your receipt. If you have fundraised online via an online website such as www.mycharity.ie, please allow 7-10 working days after your fundraising page has officially closed.
9) How will the money I raise be used?
All donations received will help us to fund our care services for children with life-limiting conditions and their families. We’re also fundraising for a few key projects, see Our Appeals
10) I have an idea for a fundraiser….. Who should I speak with?
Contact the team directly – we’d love to hear from you! You can contact Elizabeth or Michelle at firstname.lastname@example.org or 01 289 3151.
11) Do I need a Garda Permit for fundraising?
You will need to abide by all applicable legislation and apply for any permits/permission that may be required. If you are collecting or selling raffle tickets in a public area such as on-street or in a department store you will need to contact the local Garda station to apply for a collection permit. If applicable you may need to contact management for permission also. Copies of any permits should be sent to the LauraLynn Office.
12) Am I covered by LauraLynn insurance?
Organisers are advised to ensure they have the relevant insurance and indemnity considered necessary for their event. Unfortunately, our insurance policy does not cover events conducted by external fundraisers. A copy of your event insurance policy should be sent to the Fundraising team.
13) Can I visit the children in LauraLynn?
As you can appreciate, the children here are very ill and for a number of reasons, including infection control, it is not possible for you to visit and meet them.
We do have a number of case studies on our website where you can see some of the children in our care benefiting from your support or watch our documentary online which follows the journey of three LauraLynn families.
14) Donations of goods
We welcome donations of the following subject to prior agreement with the relevant department.
Children Play Therapy & Equipment
- New Toys and Games – CE and age appropriate
- New Arts & Crafts Material/Art Supplies – CE and age appropriate
- Books in good condition – age appropriate
- DVDs, music & computer games – age appropriate
- Sensory equipment (i.e. switch activation toys, UV products, vibration toys/mats, lighting, weighted blankets, tactile toys/brushes)
- Equipment – Special Needs etc.
Contact Clinical Team: email@example.com
Education & Research
- Current Medical Journals & Papers
- Medical Books (or you can opt to Lend to LauraLynn, see more here)
- Educational DVDs’s
- Teaching packs (paper, folders, pens)
Hospice Equipment & Materials
- New electrical appliances, TV’s, etc. (in original box & warranty)
- New electronic appliances (in original box & warranty), IPADS, Laptops etc.
- New medical equipment (subject to agreement with Director of Nursing)
- Adult-Sized Nappies in original sealed wrappers
- New bed linen (for single beds and cots – no fitted sheets), New blankets, towels.