1) How do I make a donation?
Send a cheque or bank draft to LauraLynn Children’s Hospice, Leopardstown Road, Foxrock, Dublin 18 made payable to LauraLynn Children’s Hospice. Include your address so we can confirm your donation.
Or you can donate online at www.lauralynn.ie/how-to-help/donate or lodge directly to our bank account. (IBAN No: IE86 AIBK 9335 7003 2206 23 and Swift/Bic No: AIBKIE2D). Please send us an email to confirm your name and what event you fundraised for us. We will send you an acknowledgement that the transfer of funds was successful.
2) When will I receive my receipt?
We ask that you allow 7-10 working days after your donation to receive your receipt. If you have fundraised online via an online website such as EverydayHero or Just Giving, please allow 7-10 working days after your fundraising page has officially closed.
3) How will the money I raise be used?
All donations received will help us to fund our care services for children with life-limiting conditions and their families. A core value underpinning the work of LauraLynn is our commitment to you as our supporter to be transparent and accountable for the funds you have so generously donated. Read more about our commitment here.
4) How do I make a donation in memory/honour of someone?
See (1), please include a note telling us who it is in memory of with their family’s contact details. We can then send a note letting them know you have donated.
5) How do I designate LauraLynn in my will?
6) I have an idea for a fundraiser….. Who should I speak with?
Contact the team directly – we’d love to hear from you! You can contact Elizabeth or Michelle at firstname.lastname@example.org or 01 289 3151.
7) Do I need a Garda Permit for fundraising?
You will need to abide by all applicable legislation and apply for any permits/permission that may be required. If you are collecting or selling raffle tickets in a public area such as on-street or in a department store you will need to contact the local Garda station to apply for a collection permit. If applicable you may need to contact management for permission also. Copies of any permits should be sent to the LauraLynn Office.
8) Am I covered by LauraLynn insurance?
Organisers are advised to ensure they have the relevant insurance and indemnity considered necessary for their event. Unfortunately, our insurance policy does not cover events conducted by external fundraisers. A copy of your event insurance policy should be sent to the Fundraising team.
9) Do you offer plaque in recognition of fundraisers or in memory?
No, unfortunately we cannot offer this service.
10) Can I visit the children in LauraLynn?
As you can appreciate, the children here are very ill and for a number of reasons, including infection control, it is not possible for you to visit and meet them.
We do have a number of case studies on our website where you can see some of the children in our care benefiting from your support or watch our documentary online which follows the journey of three LauraLynn families.
11) Donations of goods
We welcome donations of the following subject to prior agreement with the relevant department.
Children Play Therapy & Equipment
- New Toys and Games – CE and age appropriate
- New Arts & Crafts Material/Art Supplies – CE and age appropriate
- Books in good condition – age appropriate
- DVDs, music & computer games – age appropriate
- Sensory equipment (i.e. switch activation toys, UV products, vibration toys/mats, lighting, weighted blankets, tactile toys/brushes)
- Equipment – Special Needs etc.
Contact Clinical Team: email@example.com
Education & Research
- Current Medical Journals & Papers
- Medical Books (or you can opt to Lend to LauraLynn, see more here)
- Educational DVDs’s
- Teaching packs (paper, folders, pens)
Hospice Equipment & Materials
- New electrical appliances, TV’s, etc. (in original box & warranty)
- New electronic appliances (in original box & warranty), IPADS, Laptops etc.
- New medical equipment (subject to agreement with Director of Nursing)
- Adult-Sized Nappies in original sealed wrappers
- New bed linen (for single beds and cots – no fitted sheets), New blankets, towels.
- Raffle Prizes – eg. Crystal, Chocolates, Perfumes etc
- Tickets for Events
As children are often seriously ill and highly prone to infection, many toys, equipment and materials are not possible for us to use. We really appreciate your support but in some cases we may not have the necessary storage or need for some goods. All donations are subject to prior agreement with the relevant departments.
We unfortunately cannot accept the following
- Food (with short expiry date)
- Dolls Houses or Cuddly Toys
- Jigsaws or Lego