We appreciate all the support we receive from organisations and the greater community. To help you organise your event LauraLynn, Ireland’s Children’s Hospice have put together a list of points that should be adhered to, to protect all participating parties.
- The organiser of any fundraising event or activity needs to abide by all applicable legislation and apply for any permits or permission that may be required, including all raffles, bingo, vending tickets, other games of chance or any public appeal. If you require guidance in this area, please call us or your local Garda station. Copies of any permits should be sent to the LauraLynn Fundraising Office.
- Organisers are advised to ensure they have the relevant insurance and indemnity considered necessary in association with any event involving the general community or the public. Our insurance policy does not cover events conducted by external fundraisers.
- Organisers wishing to use our name and logo must gain approval first. A proof of the suggested use of the logo, registered charity number (CHY 2633) and contact details must be submitted to the office.
- All publicity in reference to the fundraising event or activity should clearly state that the event/activity is being organised by (name of organiser/company). All promotional material must be worded in such a way as to make it clear that LauraLynn is either the only beneficiary, or is one of a number of charities benefiting from the event.
- The organisers will not represent themselves as having any agency relationship for LauraLynn.
- Organisers must not incur expenses in the name of LauraLynn.
- Organisers must inform the LauraLynn Fundraising Office to seek event approval in advance of the event.
If you have any queries, please call our fundraising department on 01 289 3151 who will be more than happy to assist you.
On behalf of everyone here at LauraLynn, we would like to thank you for bringing sunshine and quality of life to children living with life-limiting conditions and their families.