The main reception desk is located in Rowan House, which is located adjacent to the entrance gates. All visitors, students, volunteers etc must go to reception and will be re-directed to the various buildings after receiving their visitor badge. The reception is open 5 days a week from 9.00am – 5.00pm. T: 01 289 3151, E: email@example.com
Immediate family members/designate may telephone directly to the the relevant house phone where their child/relative is with us and speak to a member of the nursing team.
- Main Reception (Rowan House) 01 289 3151
- LauraLynn House 01 268 6666
- Hazel House 01 289 8799
- Willow View 01 289 4083
- Holly Oaks 01 289 4152
Families with children staying at LauraLynn House; we have 4 en-suite family bedrooms for families who need to be close during their child’s stay. The accommodation facilities include a self-catering kitchen and living room.
Training Programme Attendees or other Visitors; there is ample hotel accommodation close by, the nearest being The Clayton Hotel and within walking distance. A preferential rate maybe available – contact LauraLynn in advance for details. E: firstname.lastname@example.org
We have multi-media console at LauraLynn House.
There is a bike shed located at rear of staff car park opposite the Main Reception at Rowan House.
There is ample free car parking within the grounds for families and visitors and the designated areas are clearly signposted. We have designated Wheelchair Accessible parking available. Cars are parked at Owners Risk.
Chaplaincy & Support
The Chaplain offers pastoral and spiritual care to all irrespective of religion, faith or none. This support is offered to all families and staff. Following the death of a child, our chaplain will arrange a Ceremony if requested in accordance with family wishes.
Compliments, Comments & Complaints
We welcome feedback on all aspects of our care. LauraLynn strives to provide the best services in a ‘home away from home environment’ for children and families. If families feel unhappy about the service and care provided and do not wish to raise it formally, they are encouraged to talk to a member of staff. Their concern will be investigated and we will work to resolve matters. We have comment cards at various locations throughout the site and families and staff are encouraged to complete and leave them in the suggestions boxes at LauraLynn House, Rowan House, Little Oak, Reception or Restaurant.
You can download Contact Us & Map here.
Directions By Car
Sat Nav Coordinates: Latitude: 53.27330 (53°16’ 23.88” N) Longitude: -6.19619 (6° 11’ 46.28” W)
Driving from the M50
- Southbound – Exit M50 at junction 14, and at roundabout take the 2nd exit onto R113 Leopardstown Rd. (following the signs for Dunlaoghaire) past Bewley’s Hotel. Travel to the next roundabout, take 3rd exit, continuing past the entrance to The Leopardstown Racecourse by approx. 200 metres and the entrance of the LauraLynn Children’s Hospice will be on the right.
- Northbound – Exit M50 at Junction 13, taking the R113 to Sandyford/Dundrum. Take a left onto Kilgobbin Rd. and travel to the traffic lights taking a left turn onto R113 Leopardstown Rd. Keep left on the Leopardstown Rd. until you reach a roundabout, take the 3rd exit. Remain on R113 and continue to the next roundabout. Take the 3rd exit, continuing past the entrance to The Leopardstown Racecourse by approx. 200 metres and the entrance of the LauraLynn Children’s Hospice will be on the right.
From Dublin City
- Head out the Stillorgan N11 dual carraigway to White’s Cross. Turn right onto Leopardstown Rd. and we are on the left approx 2km, just before the entrance to Leopardstown Racecourse.
Directions by Public Transport
- Bus Stop No. 3189 – located just outside the main entrance to LauraLynn, Ireland’s Children’s Hospice.
- City centre to Whites Cross (i.e Stillorgan Rd./Newtown Park Ave. Junction), take No. 46A bus. It is a 10 minute walk from there along the Leopardstown Road to LauraLynn Children’s Hospice on left hand side just past a small row of shops.
- Blackrock Dart Station, Stop 3085 – take No. 114 bus direct to the entrance of LauraLynn Children’s Hospice– Stop 3189.
- Tallaght to Whites Cross (i.e Stillorgan Rd./Newtown Park Ave. Junction) take the No. 75 bus. It is a 10 minute walk from there along the Leopardstown Road to LauraLynn.
- City Centre – Green Line – Sandyford Stop
- Sandyford stop –It is approximately a 10 minute walk from the Sandyford Stop to LauraLynn Children’s Hospice on the Leopardstown Road.
Preventing infection can only be possible by working together. We have hand-sanitizer units at all entrances. One of the best ways of reducing healthcare acquired infection is through a strict hand-washing regime. We provide hand-washing facilities throughout and ask that all visitors observe our guidelines.
All members of staff wear an identifying badge at all times. Visitors are provided with a ‘visitor badge’ at reception and ask that should you observe anyone without a badge, please inform a member of staff who will contact security.
Mobile phones are permitted but we ask that you respect the privacy of others. We also ask that you refrain from taking photographs without permission of staff and families.
Respect for our staff and other families
We know that at times families maybe frustrated or upset and our staff are available to discuss any concerns. We however adopt a ‘zero tolerance’ approach to inappropriate or threatening behaviour to staff, children/residents or families. Any person acting in an aggressive, threatening or abusive manner will be asked to leave.
Responsibility for Children
Siblings and extended family members are welcome and we have facilities onsite to enable them to have an enjoyable experience including playgrounds and toys. However, parents are responsible for the behaviour of their children when coming to visit and should be supervised at all times.
Our restaurant is open daily throughout the year to all relatives, staff, volunteers, students and visitors. Our emphasis is on providing healthy nutritious meals and our opening hours are as follows:
Monday – Sunday
Breakfast 8.30 am 11.30 am
Lunch 12.30 pm 2.30 pm
Tea 5:00 pm 6.00 pm
Snacks, Soup & Sandwiches,tea and coffee are available throughout the day.
Sally our chef spoiling us on Pancake Tuesday!
Sensory Garden and Play Areas
We have 3 gardens which are all wheelchair accessible with a variety of equipment suitable for children of all abilities. These gardens are for general use by family, friends and visitors. Children must be supervised at all times when using these areas.
All visitors, other than families of children should come to Rowan House reception. You will be asked to sign in and be given a visitor’s badge. We cannot accept liability for any vehicles or personal belongings, however we do have security and CCTV in operation on site. The gates to the entrance of LauraLynn close at 9 pm.
We operate a “No Smoking Policy” in all buildings and grounds and ask that you smoke in the designated area located adjacent to the bike shed at rear of the staff car park opposite Main Reception.
Social Work & Psychology Department
Our Social Worker and Psychologist work within a multidisciplinary team to provide support to families and staff in coping with illness and bereavement. For more information you can ‘Meet our Team here’
Toilets and Changing Facilities
We have toilets and baby and disabled changing facilities are available in all public areas. Please support our infection control efforts by using the washing and disposal facilities provided.
Visiting Times at LauraLynn House and Disability Service
Visiting hours are flexible with consideration taken to all children staying with us. Visitors are regarded as an important part of a child’s day and are very welcome. Family and friends can visit throughout the day. Visitors are encouraged to leave at around 8.00pm, to allow children to settle for the night. Immediate family who wish to stay with a seriously ill child are welcome and efforts are made to ensure their comfort
You can access free Wi-Fi by asking a staff member for visitor password.