Children’s Hospice Week
This year’s Children’s Hospice Week, kindly supported by TV3, launches Monday 11th May, focussing on the incredible little heroes – the seriously ill children & their families – cared for by LauraLynn, Ireland’s only Children’s Hospice.
For many families, a short break at LauraLynn might mean the only time they are able to get a proper night’s sleep. It gives them the time to relax as a family, with expert support day and night, and time to spend together to make precious memories.
With your help, through Children’s Hospice Week, we hope to raise urgent funds & awareess to help keep this service
Be a HERO for LauraLynn:
- Dress up as your favourite Super-HERO for the day (in return for small donations)
- Hold a Super-HERO themed event at work, school or college
- Take part in a CHALLENGE for LauraLynn – a SkyDive, a Sponsored Cycle, a Half Marathon, a triathlon – it’s up to you!
- Ask your child’s crèche or school to hold a Super-HERO themed event
- Donate now!
- Or simply text SUPERHERO to 50300 to donate €4 today (VAT may apply. A min of €3.26 will go to LauraLynn. Service provider LikeCharity).
Download your SuperHero Kit here:
For sponsorship cards, balloons & a coin box please email email@example.com
TV3 are becoming real-life SUPERHEROES through an EPIC ABSEIL
Tv3’s SuperHeroes Glenda Gilson, Elaine Crowley, Martin King & Alan Hughes are pitted against each-other in an epic ABSEIL from Croke Park’s Etihad Skyline, to raise urgent funds & awareness for LauraLynn!
Who are you rooting for?
Show your support by donating to the celebrity team YOU want to see WIN this heroic challenge:
- Text GLENDA to 50300 to donate €4
- Text MARTIN to 50300 to donate €4
- Text ELAINE to 50300 to donate €4
- Text ALAN to 50300 to donate €4
100% of your donation goes to LauraLynn across most network operators. Some operators apply VAT which means that a min of €3.25 will go to LauraLynn. Service Provider: LIKECHARITY. Helpline: 0766805278.
Sometimes Real Heroes Live in the Hearts of Small Children Fighting Big Battles
“Our son Leo was given a place in LauraLynn for end of life care. It turned out that was really where Leo’s story began. The expertise and meticulous care of the staff helped our little boy emerge from a fog of constant pain and discomfort, and life threatening episodes, when too many times we thought we would lose him.
At first it was an occasional raise of an eyebrow, to a full blown face cracking grin. At the same time it was hard to believe that this little boy was living on a precipice every day, because the love, care and joy that LauraLynn enabled us to have with him made us forget. LauraLynn gave Leo back to us in the sense that we became the family we were supposed to be, we got to bring him home, and had him with us for a lot longer than anyone expected.”
– John, Leo’s Dad.