Managing Epilepsy in Children with a Life Limiting Condition
LauraLynn Ireland’s Children’s Hospice
Suitable For: All Healthcare Professionals working in palliative care setting.
This programme aims to explore aspects of seizure management as it relates to children with life limiting conditions.
On completion of this course the learner will be able to:
- Discuss childhood epilepsy and its prevalence in children with an intellectual disability, life limiting conditions and in children’s palliative care
- Explain how to recognise seizures and record, monitor and care for a child following a seizure
- Describe the medications used for epilepsy maintenance and rescue management
- Discuss the dietary management of epilepsy
- Describe the psychosocial implications of epilepsy on the child and his/her family
- Discuss the management of seizures at the end of life
To book a place or find out further information: