As part of our ongoing support for the family we run Family Camps during the traditional school holiday periods, as well as Sibling Day Camps throughout the year. We often link with other organisations such as Barretstown, The National Concert Hall and the National Gallery of Ireland who help us provide workshops and tailored activities for families. These support camps are available to families of children currently with us or for those who have been bereaved.
How can our supports benefit your child and family?
- By facilitating family health and well-being
- Providing a friendly and relaxed environment where families can interact and experience a unique sense of belonging
- Creating opportunities for families to meet and share their experiences
- By providing a safe, creative and supportive environment where families can express their feelings and thoughts
- By giving your family the opportunity to have fun and time out
- Our programmes involve a therapeutic activity and are designed to create a space for families to express their thoughts and feelings or simply to feel a sense of connection with other families.
Our Family Supports include:
- Parent/Child/Family Support Sibling Camps
- Bereavement Programme
- Family Social Events
- Music Therapy
- Holistic Therapies
Our 4-day family camps are hosted at Easter & October Mid-term, primarily on the grounds of LauraLynn itself. It presents an opportunity for your child and family to experience a true family holiday together with the backup and support of our dedicated nursing and multidisciplinary teams. The camps accommodate up to 4 families with family accommodation provided both on site and at a nearby hotel.
Our camps offer a range of fun-filled, new and shared experiences for the whole family and are organised to allow dedicated times for parent and child, sibling and child, sibling and parents and whole family unit interactions. It also facilitates networking, sharing of experiences and the opportunity to create lasting bonds and friendships with families in similar situations.
The camps also provides a safe space for shared recognition of the challenges of caring for a child with life-limiting conditions through sessions led by our resident Psychologist and Social Worker.
Sibling Day Camps
We run Sibling Day Camps 4 times a year for siblings aged between 5-12 years. These camps allow your children the opportunity to:
- discuss joys and concerns with other siblings
- to learn their own likes and dislikes
- try new experiences and meet others in the same situation as themselves in a safe, relaxed and supported environment.
Our multidisciplinary team (OT, Physio, Music Therapy, Psychology and Play Specialist) engage with your children to make the days fun and enjoyable for all with trips to local community events such as sailing, theme parks and activity centres. Our hope is to expand our programmes to include teenagers.
National Concert Hall Programme
A range of 10 different sessions throughout the year are provided by the National Concert Hall to support particular programmes or events that are happening in LauraLynn, including sibling and bereavement workshops. The music activities are adapted specifically to the individual needs of the children and families.
National Gallery of Ireland Workshops
National Gallery workshops provide art sessions tailored to the sensory needs of your child and will include sessions involving exploration of colour and light, sponge painting on contrast backgrounds and exploring nature. The art sessions are planned in collaboration between NGI and LauraLynn’s OT and Play Specialist.
Feedback from some of our parents:
“didn’t have to worry about medical care and they had time to enjoy their daughter – they felt like the grandparents”
“didn’t have to explain their situation” ….. to others as they were in similar situations themselves
“this wasn’t a holiday you could buy anywhere” …..first opportunity for a whole family holiday
Further information: T: 01 289 3151 Ext. 230. E: email@example.com