Even though families take great joy in providing care for their child, the physical and emotional consequences for the family can be challenging without support such as respite.
What is Planned Short Break Care?
A Planned Short Break Stay consists of planned breaks which can vary in length from a few hours to a few days. In consultation with families, breaks are planned and reviewed regularly. Planned Short Break Stays allow families time to emotionally and physically recharge. Planned Short Break Stays can occur within a ‘Home away from Home’ environment in LauraLynn House or within the child’s family home through the LauraLynn@HOME programme.
How can our Planned Short Break Stay help your child and family?
Planned Short Break Stays are designed to support families in a variety of ways including:
- Providing care for your child
- Support with pain and symptom management issues
- Sustaining and maintaining family health and well-being
- Providing a break from the routine of caring
- Providing time to spend with other children and family members
- Reducing stress
You will find information and Referral Form on accessing our Short Break Stays HERE