- Keep it simple, something you will enjoy – Some of the best events are the simplest.
- Online Sponsorship – Use Everydayhero or a Facebook Fundraiser – making it super easy for friends, family and colleagues to sponsor your efforts. A great tool for those you don’t see very often or can’t make it to the event.
- Special Reason – If you have a special or personal reason for supporting LauraLynn, share it with potential supporters and the local press as it will help bring your fundraising to life.
- Tell us about it – We’d love to hear what you’re planning and can provide you with posters, balloons and materials to help add a little LauraLynn sparkle! Here is our Fundraising Form, please email it to Cathy on email@example.com
- Don’t be afraid to ASK! – Send letters or emails to friend, family and colleague explaining what you’re doing, requesting their support.
- Sponsorship Cards – We can provide you with sponsorship cards, so don’t be afraid to have a few cards on the go at once – one at home, one at work etc.
- Double your money! Many companies offer a Matching Scheme. Check with your workplace, your money could be doubled!
- Thank Everyone – Don’t forget to thank everyone. Let people know how grateful we all are for their support.
Browse through our Pick ‘n’ Mix of favourite fundraising ideas ‑ there’s bound to be one that suits you. Why not consider…
- Coffee Morning or Butterfly Tea Party – nothing like enjoying a hot beverage on the cooler Autumn mornings!
- Schools fundraising – ask your school or class to pick LauraLynn as their charity for the year
- Halloween fancy dress event in work / school / college
- Pumpkin carving competition
- Christmas Sale or Fair
- Fundraising Easter Egg Hunt
- Sponsored New Year’s Resolution
Set yourself a sporting challenge to raise funds:
- Sponsored walk – a 5k or 10k route are usually ideal
- Cycle to your nearest town or across the country, challenge yourself to a certain distance
- Sponsored fancy dress walk across town
- Hold a charity football or other sporting tournament
- Undertake another organised challenge see our online events calendar here
The Weird, Wacky & Wonderful
How much embarrassment can you take?! Making people laugh is a sure way to bring in donations!
- Get more or less hairy by shaving your head, waxing your chest or growing a moustache – take part in Movember!
- Get sponsored to wear your worst fashion faux pas to work
- Go GREEN for the day (good one to do close to St Patrick’s Day)
- Hold a sponsored Come Dine With Me competition with friends
- Charity fashion show
- Karaoke night
- Bollywood night
- Quiz night
The Home Sweet Home
You don’t need to book the Ritz to put on a great fundraising bash, get your friends & family round and raise funds from the comfort of your own home. Host a:
- Coffee Morning or Butterfly Tea Party
- Garden party or BBQ
- Cheese and wine night
- Themed fancy dress party
- Come Dine With Me dinner group
- Fortune Telling Evening
- Battery collection – collect your batteries & send to WEEE who donate to us
- Clothes collection – collect old clothes & send to Bag2School who donate % to us
- Sell your unwanted items on eBay for charity
- Coin Collection – you’d be amazed how much those pennies can add up to!
The Office 9-5
Fundraising at work is a great excuse to have fun during the 9-5.
- Cake sale, Bake Off, Coffee Morning or all three!
- Dress down or fancy dress Friday
- Make your colleagues lunch for a fiver each
- Become Super Heroes for the Day
- Office Olympics or stationery cycle/run
- Choose us as your Charity of the Year
Get the ball rolling! – Contact Claire on firstname.lastname@example.org for your sponsorship pack today.
Still stuck for inspiration? Check out our online events calendar to join an existing fundraiser.