Help us make your kind donation go further!

If you donated or plan to donate 250 (21/month) or more in a calendar year, LauraLynn can claim an extra 45% from Revenue, at no cost to you!!!

All we need is a CHY3 Form returned to us completed and we will submit in our annual claim to Revenue.  Only charities can seek this refund. 


Questions you may have on how it works


What is the benefit?

Up to 45%!  For example if you donate €250, LauraLynn can claim an extra €112.25 from Revenue, making your donation worth €362.25.

What donations are eligible?

If you are a taxpayer (self-employed, PAYE or joint-assessed) the donations you make to a charity can be eligible for a refund from Revenue – but only by the charity.  You cannot claim the tax yourself.

I am self-employed, can I claim it myself?

Not anymore. Since 2013 self-employed people can no longer claim tax relief. Only charitable organisations can claim it on their behalf.

Does signing the form cost me anything?

Signing the CHY3 Good Form will not cost you a cent or impact your personal tax situation.

How much tax do I/my partner need to have paid to make my donation eligible?

You don’t need to be working full time or be paying a large amount of tax. Often, people pay tax on other forms of income such as a pensions, social welfare payments and investments etc.  For example, if you donated €250 the tax rebate would be €112, so you would only need to have paid €112 in tax in the whole year.

What information do we need on the form?

If your donations are eligible for taxback, all we need is your PPS number, name and address and the date when your donations were made.  If you are ‘associated’ with LauraLynn, you will need to tick the relevant box.

What does ‘associated’ with the approved body (i.e. LauraLynn charity) mean?

You do not need to tick this box unless you are an employee or board member of LauraLynn.  Donors and volunteers are not considered as being ‘associated’ with LauraLynn.

Do I have to share my tax details?

You don’t need to tell us how much you earn or what tax rate you pay.  All we need is your PPS number which we retain securely for the purpose of submitting an end of year claim to Revenue from all donations received over €250.  Revenue requires PPS numbers to calculate the value of the refund on donations which they deem to be eligible. We comply with data protection regulations at all times.

Will I have to donate for 5 years if I sign the CHY3 Good Form?

No. Signing the CHY3 Good Form simply means that if you choose to support us during the next 5 years we can claim the tax back without asking you to sign another form; saving postage and admin time.  However, if you would prefer not to sign the 5 year form you can complete an annual CHY4 form, valid for 1 year – just let us know and we can send you this.

What if I support more than one charity?

Each charity can claim the tax relief and Revenue will do the calculation, allocating the refund depending on how much tax you paid during the year.

We hope this will help to answer any questions you may have about the Charity Tax Rebate Scheme. The official notes provided by Revenue are with your CHY3 form and will provide you with additional information and below is an extract from 

Tax position – Ireland from 1 Jan 2013

‘With effect from 1 January 2013, the tax back position has changed and in fact the scheme for relief for charitable donations has been simplified considerably.  There will no longer be any distinction between PAYE taxpayers and Self-Assessed taxpayers and the relief in respect of charitable donations will in all cases be refunded to the charity. 

Relief will now be granted at the new blended rate of 31% rather than 20% or 41% as above.  An annual limit of 1million per individual that can be donated under the scheme is also being introduced. 

Charities will be required to obtain certificates from their donors confirming their PPS numbers, the eligibility of the donation and the fact that the tax they will pay for the year will be at least equal to the relief due to the charity.  As part of the simplification process, provision is being made for an enduring certificate (CHY3 Good Form) which will last for up to five years and can be completed by a donor in lieu of an annual certificate.’



Got a question?  Please ring or email any member of our Fundraising Department at any time.

Download your form here

Thank you… together we are helping make the most of Short and Precious lives!


Get in Touch!

Talk to us at LauraLynn

01 289 3151